Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

1.31.2010

Snow cream and sweet baby

I feel like I am always on the go, and wanting to relax for just a little while, but I now realized I am not the kind of person that likes to sit still. I am about to go stir crazy being stuck in the house on this beautiful snow weekend. Lonnie had to plow snow all weekend, so I took an adventure to mom and dads for the weekend. SO did heather and Keagan because kevin had to plow. My brother came home from college friday night, so friday night we were all here! I think this was the first time in years, cant remember the last time we all stayed at mom and dads together. It was quite entertaining. I also realized how much I am about to go through with bringing two new babies into this world seeing what my sister was doing with Keagan all weekend. Its not an easy task, not that I thought it was easy but I see how much she does NOT get sleep.

Saturday we ate and watched TV all day and played with the new baby, well me being sick I cant tough him--so I was about to go nuts because I just wanted to play with him!! So I just got to stare at him all weekend while mom and heather tended to him. We made snow cream--well tried too--put a little too much vanilla in it and it was a little strong but it was not that bad--we coudnt remember how to make it because we had not made it since we were little so we looked it up online.

Keagan got his first bath this weekend too--his ambilical cord finally fell off on friday so on saturday mom and heather gave him his first bath. Needless to say he did not like it! He did ok though. Then as soon as they took him out and put him in his towel and started drying him off, heather starts laughing histerically. I go to see what is so funny, well keagan has pooped and peed all over himself, his new towel, and his freshly bathed bottom! We all got a laugh out of it and then washed him off and got him dressed.

Its now sunday morning and heather just told me that she has gone through 36 diapers since FRIDAY. I was shocked, not completley because I see she changes his diapers every time I turn around but 36 and thats one baby! I am going to be having two! SHe  said because she is breastfeeding they go to the bathroom alot more!36 diapers at about 10 -12 dollars---o man! Thats insane. Needless to say I learned alot from this weekend about what I am about to expereience here in the next couple months!


2 comments:

Erica :o) said...

Ok, so I'm going to comment on your last 2 posts :o) You can totally make it to 37 weeks no matter what people say! I did and I had twins. Just rest as much as possible, keep your feet up and drink tons of water. And if you feel contractions get to the hospital so that they can get you on the brethine or magnesium to stop contractions. I was on bedrest and on brethine from 28 weeks on, but then made it to 37 weeks to the day.

As for diapers. We went through about 12 per baby per day. So about 24 diapers a day. They were in preemies for a few weeks and they come in small packs. Just stock up at the hospital...anytime someone leaves send a few diapers. You are paying for them anyway, so take them home! Our nurse actually sent us home with a few packs of diapers and 2 cases of the high calorie formula. (we had to supplement my breastmilk with some formula for a little bit until I had enough milk and until they got a little bigger).

Ok sorry this is so long! I know that you can do it...hang in there!

Let me know if you need anything or ever need to talk.

Erica
(Tracy's sis-in-law)

Mandy said...

Hello there- I am so glad to hear from you! I am in dying need of talking to someone who went through the same thing I am going through! I agreee with you and hope that I do make it there!! I went yesterday and so far so good! I have lots of questions for you actually ha! What is your email if you dont mind?!?!